Monday 29 September 2014

Its all about Perspective..

It is all about perspective. I wanted this blog to mark the beginning of my return to sharing ideas, collaboration methods and understanding new ways of working and growing in the Construction Industry.

As humans, we continually challenge everything, the way we think, read, relate, interact and learn. Learning is one of the most important parts of being human, not only in our early formative years but through our teens, twenties, thirties and beyond. I realised last week that the art of teaching is not about communication or knowledge, it is about connectivity. Relating to individual people on different levels, relating to their needs, their desires and their thoughts is what ultimately will drive them to want to grow.

Education is an area I will always stay connected to. Not only because I love to teach, but I love to learn. I learn from those older than me, those younger than me, those more intelligent than me or less, those stronger or weaker. I learn every day.

With this in mind, I wanted to post that those people who do engage in education, who want to make the world better, who want to leave a legacy behind, generally do this without any end game. It is not about what we can gain commercially from this, rather what we can gain as human beings to help us to grow and appreciate the things we do have every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment